Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

Followed the solution from this link send-&-receive email from hotmail in Evolution
, I am having my evolution fetching and sending email through my hotmail email account. The reason I used method in this link is it uses xinetd instead of inetd.

In the link it only mentioned about adding POP3 support to hotmail, I added the following code to make SMTP support for hotmail as well.

create /etc/xinetd.d/hotsmtpd

use following code as containts:

service hotsmtpd
{
#only_from = 192.168.1.0/8
disable = no
type = unlisted
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = nobody
groups = yes
server = /usr/bin/hotsmtpd
#server_args = -p http://proxy:8080
port = 2500
}
** I use 2500 for smtp port**

This link gives detailed how to add hotmail account in Evolution.

Now, what I am looking for is the solution to be able to keep the file on mail server but deleted it when I deleted it from my local evolution mail client.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here is the link for a better version to get the job done

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/send-and-receive-your-hotmail-messages-through-evolution.html